Software EngineerApply For This Position" />
We are currently looking for a passionate Software Engineer who thrives in a high-reaching environment, loves a good challenge, and hates leaving problems unsolved. Our Development team is committed to solving complex problems everyday and we're pushing for substantial product development as we continue to grow the team. If you're eager to join an innovative team to demonstrate your technical acumen and leadership abilities, you've come to the right place!
We value passion for quality, maintainable and scalable code, and for building awesome products. By joining the Nest Wealth team, you'll work with our Product and Software team to define and implement revolutionary financial products that will be used by people all over the country.
At Nest Wealth you'll be:
- Designing and building out the Nest Wealth platform and REST API using Node.
- Writing maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Refactoring legacy code to leverage newer/better methodologies (focused on Node 8).
- Collaborating with your team to solve problems and learn from failures.
What you'll bring to Nest Wealth:
- Experience with Mongo and MySQL.
- A solid understanding of Promises (we use Bluebird).
- A real passion for learning and staying up to date with best practices.
- Experience with enterprise level SDLC and automation.
- Excellent debugging skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with the open source community.
- Knowledge and use of TypeScript, D3, Node8.
- A familiarity with financial and investment terminology and theories.
In addition to joining a fantastic team, we offer:
- A yearly educational budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more). No matter what stage you’re at in your career, there’s always room to level up.
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them.
- Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy.
- Company events and other fun team outings.
- Full health benefits that are 100% paid by Nest Wealth.
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building.
- An environment where you can have a HUGE impact.
If you’re interested in joining our team to make investing better, send over a link to your favourite passion project or something you've helped create.